Introduction to Python
Students learn the basics of variables, strings, loops, functions, and basic expressions and statements and how to use Boolean logic to generate and execute conditional statements. Students also learn the fundamentals of object-oriented programming and gain a preliminary understanding of objects, classes, and modules.
By the end of this course, students should be able to:
- identify logical constructs common to all programming languages
- execute basic output commands and identify coding errors
- differentiate between variables, expressions, statements, and functions
- write lineal and variable expressions
- understand how numbers and integers work
- understand how operators and functions work
- differentiate between objects, classes, and modules
- write, debug, and repair errors in basic code fragments
You will be able to download the full Introduction to Python Course which consists of 5 lessons. Each lesson consists of 1 short animated video (~10 minutes), 5+ practice exercises and games, and one final review, which students complete before moving on to the next lesson. Note: We use Python IDLE for coding, free to download from python.org.
With your course purchase, you may register for two free 1.5 hour live Workshops (Intro to Python A and Intro to Python B). Our live Workshops are available via online videoconferencing or in-person in the Boston area.
With your course purchase, you also get full access to our Members Community where you can post questions and participate in live Q&A's with our programmers.
This is a digital product and course materials are downloaded upon purchase.