Package: Intro, Intermediate and Advanced Python
Introduction to Python
Students will learn the basics of variables, strings, loops, functions, and basic expressions and statements and how to use Boolean logic to generate and execute conditional statements. Students will also learn the fundamentals of object-oriented programming and gain a preliminary understanding of objects, classes, and modules.
Students will learn about Boolean logic and how to write and execute statements and if/then conditionals. Students will also learn the fundamentals of modules and packages and how to work with lists, tuples and dictionaries.
Students will develop their conceptual understanding of objects, methods, and classes, and will learn how to design and manipulate objects and classes. Students will also deepen their understanding of Python code structure and syntax in preparation for advanced work.
By the end of these three courses, students will be able to:
Identify logical constructs common to all programming languages
- Execute basic output commands and identify coding errors
- Differentiate between variables, expressions, statements, and functions
- Write lineal and variable expressions
- Understand how numbers and integers work
- Understand how operators and functions work
- Differentiate between objects, classes, and modules
- Write, debug, and repair errors in basic code fragments
- Describe how Python coding structure works
- Generate and execute statements, conditionals and functions
- Understand and create computer programs based around Boolean logic
- Create and manipulate basic modules and packages
- Identify coding mistakes
- Differentiate between lists, tuples, and dictionaries
- Write and debug expressions, statements, and multiple lines of code
- Write and execute simple games that incorporate the principles of coding logic
- Explain the differences between objects, classes, modules, and functions
- Generate and execute coding commands to design new classes
- Work with modules, inheritance, and value attribution
- Identify more complex coding mistakes and manage exceptions
- Write and execute more complex games and processes that incorporate deeper understanding of Python coding structure
You will be able to download the full Codemakers Python Package, which consists of Intro, Intermediate, and Advanced Python. Each course level consists of 5 short animated videos, 20+ practice exercises and games, and 5 final reviews, which students complete before moving on to the next lesson. Note: We use Python IDLE for coding, free to download from python.org.
Available for download from Codemakers: November 2018