Intro to Python - Free Trial
For a preview of how we teach coding, download a free sample of our course materials!
In this trial, you will receive:
· Intro to Python Lesson 1 video
· Intro to Python Lesson 2 video
· 1 short coding exercise*
· 2 coding projects with step-by-step documentation*
*Students begin coding in Lesson 2.
Introduction to Python - Course Overview
Students will learn the basics of variables, strings, loops, functions, and basic expressions and statements and how to use Boolean logic to generate and execute conditional statements. Students will also learn the fundamentals of object-oriented programming and gain a preliminary understanding of objects, classes, and modules.
By the end of this course, students should be able to:
- identify logical constructs common to all programming languages
- execute basic output commands and identify coding errors
- differentiate between variables, expressions, statements, and functions
- write lineal and variable expressions
- understand how numbers and integers work
- understand how operators and functions work
- differentiate between objects, classes, and modules
- write, debug, and repair errors in basic code fragments
Note: We use Python IDLE for coding, free to download from python.org. Access to workshops and Members Community is available only with purchase of the full Introduction to Python course ($49).
This is a digital product and course materials are downloaded upon purchase.