PYTHON SUMMER CAMP - JUNIOR CODERS
Our Junior Coders Python Summer Camp is open to rising 7th and 8th graders. We also offer regular Python Summer Camp to rising 9th through 12th graders.
To promote deeper understanding of core concepts, the junior-level Summer Camp teaches a slightly scaled-down version of entire Intro to Python course, in one week (15 hours):
- Level I - Strings / Variables / Loops / Conditional Statements
- Level II - List Comprehensions / Standard Library Functions
- Level III - Objects and Classes
In addition to workshops and coding exercises, coders also practice their skills on game projects and challenges:
- Level A - Basic Combat, Dragon Adventure
- Level B - Bird Bingo, Plinko
- Level C - Cave Adventure, Racing Simulator
Coders receive a CODEMAKERS Certificate of Achievement at the completion of their Summer session.
We use Python IDLE for coding, free to download from python.org.
- No previous coding experience is required.
- Students must bring their own laptops.
- Hours: 9a - 12p Monday through Friday
- Fee: $349 per session