PYTHON SUMMER CAMP - JUNIOR CODERS
Our Junior Coders Python Summer Camp is open to rising 7th and 8th graders.
To promote deeper understanding of core concepts, the junior-level Summer Camp teaches a slightly scaled-down version of entire Intro to Python course, in one week (15 hours):
- Level I - Strings / Variables / Loops / Conditional Statements
- Level II - List Comprehensions / Standard Library Functions
- Level III - Objects and Classes
In addition to workshops and coding exercises, coders also practice their skills on game projects and challenges:
- Level A - Basic Combat, Dragon Adventure
- Level B - Bird Bingo, Plinko
- Level C - Cave Adventure, Racing Simulator
Coders receive a CODEMAKERS Certificate of Achievement at the completion of their Summer session.
We use Python IDLE for coding, free to download from python.org.
- No previous coding experience is required.
- Students must bring their own laptops.
- Hours: 9a - 12p Monday through Friday
- Fee: $349 per session